Ever since iPhones first launched, they’ve been wildly successful by any measure. Sales have grown from $1.4 million in 2007 to nearly $218 million in 2018. The iPhone has always been, as they say, a hot commodity.
It’s more than that, though. Our lives are tethered to these devices at this point. They are a blessing and a curse, depending on whom you ask. Regardless, once you have one, you can’t really live without it.
So what do you do when something breaks—or just isn’t working properly? Frustration mounts; sadness envelops you. We know the pain.
But don’t fret! We’re here to help with iPhone repairs for just about any issues you could run into.
Before we get into everything we can fix, we should first point out Apple’s 1-year warranty, which covers all manufacturer defects for 1 year from your purchase date. The warranty does not cover accidental damage, though, which some of these issues fall under. It also does not cover anything outside of 1 year, unless you purchased additional protection.
That being said, check out everything we can repair for you!
Cracked Screens & Back Glass
Cracked screens and back glass are the most common repairs we do. While the iPhone’s glass has gotten tougher over the years, it’s not invincible. Whether you dropped it, sat on it, ran it over, or smashed it with a hammer in the name of science (why, though?), we can replace it.
Rapid battery drain is one of the most common complaints we get. Smartphone batteries have improved greatly over the past decade or so, but they do run out of juice eventually.
Sometimes rapid battery drain is a result of software issues or battery-hogging apps. Most times, though, the battery is ready to shuffle off its mortal coil.
In such cases, we can replace the battery and get you back up and running at full capacity.
Electronics and water are like oil and…well, water. While it’s become less of an issue now that iPhones are mostly water resistant, those with older-generation devices aren’t so lucky.
Whether you spilled something, took a dip with your phone in your pocket, dropped it in the toilet, or just like to browse Twitter in the shower, we can disassemble the phone and dry it out. It’s not a guaranteed fix, but it’s your best bet.
Display & Feedback Issues
Other types of display issues are also common to iPhones. One of these issues—the dreaded “Blank Screen of Death,” which could be black, white or blue—you can actually likely fix yourself with what’s known as a “hard reset”:
- On earlier iPhones with a Home button, simply press and hold the Home and Power buttons simultaneously for about 10–15 seconds until you see the Apple logo on your screen.
- On later iPhones with a fingerprint scanner or full-face screen, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until you see the Apple logo.
There are other types of display issues that you’ll probably want to leave to the professionals, though:
- Dead pixel zones: Small areas of the screen appear to be black.
- Washed out colors or tinted display: The colors don’t seem as vibrant, or the entire display is tinted a certain color.
- Lagging & freezing: The display lags on input, freezes completely, or doesn’t respond to your touch.
- “Ghost touch”: The display switches between screens, scrolls, or does other weird things when you’re not touching it.
Whatever issue you’re having, we’re happy to get you fixed up.
Broken & Unresponsive Buttons
Sometimes your buttons get stuck or are just outright unresponsive. Whether it’s your home, volume or power buttons, we can disassemble the phone, clear away any dirt and grime that may be interfering, or repair or replace malfunctioning hardware.
Loose Charging Port
Just about everyone’s experienced a loose charging port. You go to plug your phone in, and the cable either falls out, or you have to jimmy it around to get it to connect properly. Thankfully, this is largely something you can fix on your own by cleaning it out. But you have to do it carefully:
- Get yourself a safety pin, small paperclip, or something similarly sturdy and narrow.
- Using this tool, carefully scrape around the edges and bottom of the port. This will dredge up the accumulated lint, dust and dirt. Do not touch the gold contacts inside the charging port. This could cause damage and prevent charging and data transfer.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently brush out the loosened debris.
- Blow into the port to further clear out the debris. Do not use pressurized or canned air. It can damage the gold contacts.
If these steps don’t resolve your issue, you could be looking at a damaged port. Bring it in to us and we’ll take a look.
Speaker & Microphone Issues
Whether you’re having trouble hearing calls through the internal speaker, getting muffled audio through the bottom speakers, or not getting any audio at all, we can address any of these issues. It could simply use cleaning out, or it could be malfunctioning hardware.
Software & iOS Issues
If you’re having trouble with your phone running slow, lagging, freezing, or crashing, you could be looking at software or iOS issues. We’ll run a full diagnostic to see what the issue is. Make sure you have all your contacts, photos and files backed up to avoid losing anything important!
Cellular Repair & Exchange Has You Covered
We’re your premier cell phone repair store located in Tulsa. There’s no problem we can’t handle. You can call in for a free quote, ship your phone in or drop it off. Since we know you need your phone back quickly, we have fast turnaround times, too—ranging from 30 minutes to 24 hours depending on the issue.
Don’t let a busted phone get you down and come see us! Call us at 918-551-6550 or contact us online anytime.